The Power of Video
At White Knight we do a lot of things but one that we’re best at is making videos that tell compelling stories. Why is this important? I’ll get to the statistics later, but let’s start out with some anecdotal evidence that I’ve seen over the past ten years in this business.
For one thing, people do not like to read long blocks of text. We all know that attention spans are getting shorter and shorter, but what many people don’t realize is that the preferred way to receive information is through the multi-sensory experience of a video.
Also, videos are one of the best ways to showcase your passion and personality. Even with our increasing interest in working in the digital space (often remotely) we still crave personal attention and want to do business with people we like and trust. In many service businesses there is simply no substitute for that human element in the form of excellent customer service and partnership. How better to show your clients who you are than through video?
Strategy matters: Even though it’s easy to create and put up videos on your sites, you must remain aware of your overall goals, strategy and tactics, and make sure the video content is working for you. There is nothing wrong with using videos that are more “raw” and authentic, to give your viewers a glimpse into your company in a unique way (such as a behind-the-scenes view of your space). However, it is imperative that all of your videos reflect your overall brand and messaging, and present a professional view of your organization.
Have you heard about Video Crisps yet? If not, then check out this video for a brief overview. Then keep reading for some awesome statistics.
Here are some statistics that you might find interesting, especially if you’re thinking about making video a more central piece of your marketing content.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users (VidYard)
- ?People spend on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without (Wistia)
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI (Syndacast)
- Snapchatters watch 10 billion videos a day (AdWeek)
- ?500 million people are watching videos on Facebook every day (TubularInsights)
- 4x as many customer would rather watch a video about a product than read about it (Animoto)
- ?Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store (ThinkWithGoogle)
- ?52% of marketers believe that video is effective for brand awareness (WowMakers)
- ?59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video (MWP)
- 65% of video viewers watch more than ? of a video (Syndacast)
If all of this has convinced you that you could be doing more with video to help drive your business forward, email us to set up a time to chat about how we can help you. Or check out our website for more information about how you can get started today.