Up For the Challenge
How are you – as a business owner, entrepreneur, wife, husband, daughter, friend, employee – challenging yourself today? How are you getting smarter, more successful, and better than you were yesterday?
Are you getting by with the same old same old, or are you being very deliberate about your growth and development? The good news is, there’s no need to reinvent the wheel. Here is what has worked for tens of thousands of people who have gone before you:
- Find a mentor. Find someone you really admire who is better than you – smarter, richer and living a life that you admire. Find a person like that who is willing to teach and guide you, then take the time to truly appreciate them and listen to what they have to say. When you find such a person make sure you realize their worth and tell them frequently how much you appreciate their time and help. A good mentor can easily make the difference between you staying stuck and getting to where you really want to be.
- Get some good books. Embrace reading .- or audio books or podcasts – as an opportunity to get smarter and to get an edge over your competitors and others who are in the proverbial room. Reading and learning helps to keep your creative juices flowing too, so be sure to dedicate time every day to this practice.
- Examine your habits and figure out which ones are not serving you well. Which habits are bad for your health, are unproductive or even harmful? Which habits do you need to shed and which other ones should you be cultivating? If you can make good habits as much of a no-brainer as brushing your teeth you’re going to start seeing tangible results, pretty much guaranteed.
- Rub shoulders with the upper crust. If you aspire to be more successful, richer and more influential than you are now, it’s important to start associating with people of the caliber you wish to become. Please don’t take this as permission to be a fake friend or a “social climber” but do take note of who you’re spending time with. Create and cultivate real friendships with people you actually like, but also think about doing this somewhat strategically. If you want to be an artist you’re probably going to be more successful if you start hanging out with other artists and get into the circles of buyers and gallery owners. The same goes for almost every other industry I can think of.
- Think good thoughts. You have to teach yourself to focus on positive, not negative, thoughts. Learn to imagine life as you would like it to be, and not focus on the problems at hand. When you do this you’ll be much quicker to shift your energy into being productive, and you’ll also turn into a kind of magnet for others who will show up and want to do business with you, or help you out in some way. All of that positive energy will make you practically irresistible!
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]